We are located on the corner of Main and School Streets in Allenstown, NH.
Our parking lot is accessed on the Main Street side and there is free on-street parking also available.
Our church is wheelchair accessible, with the ramp located on the parking lot side of the church.
Inside the church, near the street entrances, you will find our cry room, restroom, bulletin board, and the confessional.
The rectory (and parish office) is attached to the church and accessed through the covered door on School Street.
St. John the Baptist Parish Center is the low building directly behind the church on School Street, where its parking area is accessed. The Parish Center is wheelchair accessible with the ramp for the Upper Hall in the front, and the ramp for the Lower Hall in the back. The Parish Upper Hall is the site of our monthly Church Suppers, hosted by the Knights of Columbus, and many other parish events and activities. We also open our doors to nonprofit organizations in and around our community.
As our parish is 150 years old, we have two cemeteries, an old and a "new". When the land for the church was first purchased, it was with the sellers’ stipulation that a cemetery never be placed on the grounds. Therefore, our cemeteries are located on quiet River Road in Allenstown. The French-Canadian heritage of our parish is evident in the signs above the cemeteries’ entrances, which read “Saint Jean-Baptiste”. The beautiful grounds of our cemeteries are well-maintained and Memorial Day Masses for the repose of the souls are celebrated there annually since 1957. We have recently begun an All Souls candlelight procession on November 2. Here are some pictures of our "new" cemetery: